Sunday, July 6, 2014

NO ONE HAS THE POWER.. drafted 7/6

I think when dealing with people that we care for like family or friends we tend to make them responsible. Responsible for giving us love, responsible for showing us our worth. For the past few years I've been working on being content and happy with who I am as a person.

Usually people are hurt and confused when feeling left now.. I was one of those people trying to figure out why I wasn't being included. Now that I've been more self-sufficient I could care less who invites me, contacts me, etc. I'm not fool to decite, I just don't give people the power to be deceitful towards me. I stopped giving people the power to define me and appraise me. With that said I could be a fish in a room with 10 sharks and not be moved. One of my most favorite Maya Angelou quotes is, "I shall not be moved." You have the ability to take away the power someone has over your life. The only person that should have power over your life is God!

No comments:

Post a Comment