Friday, April 26, 2013

Leaving The Hospital....

So.. I was discharged from the hospital Monday afternoon which was April 22. I walked out just fine after getting the lecture about caring for myself after birth and all the numbers of therapist and social workers that I could call if I needed anything.

As I walked out of the room I noticed a card they had stuck to the number on my door. It was a green leaf falling into water. On the back there a very nice poem. I guess the card meant that I lost a child so that nurses would know what to and not to say. I took the card and put it in my bag and started that what seemed to be long walk to the exit.

While my boyfriend and I waited for my dad to get the car I stood outside and watched as the new mothers were wheeled to their vehicles with their newborn baby. And all the expecting women walking in with their big bellies.. I broke down into my boyfriends arms. I couldn't handle the fact that I was leaving the hospital without my baby in my belly or my arms...

After dropping my prescriptions we headed to our apartment.. When I got home my mother was waiting for me cleaning up the mess I left the apartment that Saturday afternoon. I really appreciate my mother so much. She put food in our fridge and stayed with me as long as we needed her to. That night was a rough one......

No comments:

Post a Comment